Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Relay Countdown...

Well, we're in the final time crunch for the Relay for Life. I've been up past midnight the last two nights working on the logistics of it all (t-shirt orders, scheduling, paperwork...). My brain feels like mush. I have a million and a half things to do still tonight and tomorrow.

Need to go shopping for supplies (posterboard, snacks, drinks, etc), get the boys packed, load up the camper, track down an air compressor or air pump of some kind. Oh, and we're still waiting for our raffle license too - that REALLY needs to come or we can't raffle off the moped and quad that Rick is donating, and we were counting on raising a lot of money with that raffle...... I'm a little bit stressed out about that inconvenient tidbit of information I learned last night.

Thankfully my team is awesome - I have enough volunteers to sit in the dunk tank, more than enough walkers to have someone on the track at all times, an awesome "Overnight Crew" that I know will do me proud, and so many awesome friends and family who are willing to donate their time, money, energy and best effort for this event that is so dear to my heart. And, an amazing hubby of a co-captain who spent a small fortune last night on stuff we can sell at the Relay (glow sticks, leis, light up swords, etc) on top of donating both a moped and a quad that can be raffled off.

I know it will be great. I'm just worried that it won't. I think I'm so disappointed with the lack of money we've raised so far that it's hard for me to look past that and be optimistic about the event. I'm excited, don't get me wrong, but I'll feel better about it once we're there and get things going.

Have a blessed week!

No comments: