Monday, October 20, 2008

Yay for family pictures!!!

We had so much fun yesterday! We went down to Allegan to meet up with Susan and have Joshua's "Littlest Heroes Project" photos done. The whole family was included in the session and we had such a great time! First of all, our boys and Susan's girls get along great and always have a great time when they're together. Second of all, Susan is just incredible. My boys LOVE her and she even got Rick into the spirit of things, even though pictures are NOT something he enjoys. What I love about fall pics is that you have the best props right at your fingertips. Bring a rake and you have mountains of leaves, which I assure you, little boys (and their daddy) absolutely love!

I am really so excited to see how the pics turned out. My boys were running a little hot and cold between cooperating and not, Logan especially, so the number of pics wasn't much, but I hope that the quality of pics she DID get will be awesome. Well, I KNOW they'll be great because she's great, but you know what I mean.

One of the things I had to do, though, for the session was get a picture of Joshua when he was sick so that Susan could take a pic of him holding the pic to show how far he's come. That's the thing about being so far out - it's easy to forget how sick he was. Rick and I were going through all the 2004 pics trying to find the "right" one. I was doing REALLY well with them until I came to the pics right after surgery........ that was not good at all. I saw the one of the back of his head after the surgery and almost threw up. It was SO DIFFICULT. And then the next one was when he was unconscious and hooked up to all the machines. Oh my gosh, it was awful. I guess I'm not quite "there yet" where I can look at those ones and not have a physical reaction.

Someday, I'm sure, but not yet.

Anyways, the boys were all tuckered out by the end and my stomach hurt from laughing so hard. There is just something about watching your husband play with your kids that makes you remember why you chose them in the first place. It was SO FUN to see Rick and the boys wrestling in the leaves, throwing leaves everywhere, and just having an honest to goodness blast. It makes me feel really blessed to be this lucky. My life could be a whole lot different, but I'm so thankful it's not.

Have a great week - we're super busy again, but it's good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You inspire me to look forward, and to anticipate those days when I can look back and wonder, how in the world did we get there. I know what you mean about just taking it all in - isn't it a wonder, and a blessing, that we are given the privelage to be moms?

And, I can't wait to see the pictures. You have a beautiful family!