Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcoming 2009!

We had a lot of fun with New Years this year. A friend of Rick's had a party, and there were other kids there, so we were able to bring the boys. They both made it until midnight (thanks to me making them nap until 6:00pm, LOL)!!!! It was fun to watch them watch the ball drop. They are not fans of sparkling grape juice, though, and neither one of them would kiss mommy to welcome in the new year (but I'm ok with that) :)

Yesterday, we took down the Christmas tree and then loaded the boys up into the van. We picked up our friends Jenny, Sydney and Nathan and we all went sledding in Muskegon. Then after that, we got hot chocolate at Starbucks, and then went to Jenny and Sydney's house for dinner. We ordered pizza, the kids got to play, and Rick got to play Guitar Hero (which I have a feeling we'll be buying because it's WAAAY fun!!).

Last night I had to work for an hour, and then it was off to bed! I got a new book at B&N earlier this week called "The Exhaustion Cure" and so I'm trying some of the tips in there to up my energy level. I'll let you know how it works out!

Oh, and by the way, the $95.00 I spent on boots and gloves was SO worth it. I stayed toasty warm sledding yesterday! It's so much more fun when you're not freezing your toes off!!

Have an awesome weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear your results on "The Exhaustion Cure"!