Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Good news for Josh!

Joshua had his semi-annual MRI yesterday. They put him under General Anesthesia for this one, which was traumatic for me, but way easier on him. Our nurse called me last night and everything looks good!!! Praise God for that!

I'm still waiting on the rest of my test results before they can be sent to my OB/GYN. I'm going to call the doctor today and see if they're in yet. I'm still really scared, but honestly, God will get me through whatever comes, and I KNOW that. I'm confident of that, even if I'm scared. Whenever I start to feel panicky about it all, I just remember that Satan knows that I'm terrified of cancer. I ALWAYS have been - even before Joshua got sick. I know that's the reason why I'm so scared, it's like my biggest fear. And because Satan knows that, he's trying to use that to his advantage. Lucky for me, I know that my God is bigger than all of that. I just say a prayer for PEACE with what happens - regardless of what it is. And then I feel better. For a while, anyways, until Satan sneaks his way back into my head.

Oh, our house is a disaster area. We have ALMOST everything moved in, but there are SO MANY boxes I can't even barely walk around. I'm hoping to get that all taken care of this weekend... As soon as everything is in order, and I re-discover where the camera is hiding, I'll take some pictures. We really love our house and we're really happy there. It's hard to be happy about that, though, when I'm so scared about being sick, but I'm working on that...

4 comments:

Tina said...

Yay! for the all clear for your sweet boy! Yay! for moving! You're right - our God is way bigger. Leave it to Him.

Sending you hugs and prayers from here!

Anonymous said...

(((HUGS))) I am so glad that everything turned out okay for Joshua. I can only imagine how you must have felt when they put him under general anesthesia.

Congratulations on the house! That is so exciting! This means that you are closer hopefully??

Anonymous said...

I have had to watch a child go under general - it's terrifying, but so much harder on you than on the kid. I am so so so so so glad that his scan came out well - I was worried and thinking about you. You're right - God will give you the strength to get you through whatever obstacles are put in your path.

Anonymous said...

Amanda,

I've been meaning to write! I am so happy to hear about Joshua! Yay!

As far as your situation, I have been through all of this, and things were not good, but still, it was very easily treatable. Just wanted to pass that along. Prayers for you...

Susan