Monday, April 13, 2009

He is Risen!

Hallelujah - the stone has been rolled away and He is risen!

Hope your Easter was beautiful. We didn't go to church - that was tough. First time in more years than I can count that we missed the Easter service. That's the thing about moving, and not having a new church home yet. Add to that the fact that we've all been so sick (Joshua finally caught it late last week and didn't move from the couch hardly at all this weekend...) and it just didn't happen. I won't lie, it was tough. Even though I KNOW the reason for Easter, and I assure you it wasn't forgotten, I'm still upset we didn't make it to church. The sunrise service on Easter Sunday has always been my favorite...

I did, however, order a new children's Bible from Amazon today. One that has come HIGHLY recommended from someone whose opinion I truly respect. I can't wait to share it with Josh and Logan :)

I think I need to do a Bible Study. I feel far away from God right now, and with my doctor's appointment coming up in 8 days, I have a feeling I'm going to need him. Oh, and I need to find "Footprints in the Sand". On a bookmark or something so that I can carry it with me always. I can't tell you how many times it was my saving grace when Joshua was sick. Amazing how I used to see it everywhere and never thought much of it. I guess it didn't apply to me at that time in my life. Now, however, I feel compelled to carry it in my heart. Might have to take a trip to Family Christian or Hages...

All in all, we are doing well. I can't wait for temps in the high 60's later this week. I'm so tired of being cooped up inside because it's too cold out. I want to plot out my garden and get my hands in the dirt... I just need Spring, and the promise of a new beginning.

Hope you have a beautiful week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which Bible? We have a children's one, but it is still a little advanced for the girls. Thanks. Hope you have a great week.

Amanda: said...

Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0310708257