Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Whirlwind!

It's been pretty crazy here lately... Started last week Friday when my brother Mike's girlfriend's sister starting having major complications after having a baby on Wednesday. Spent the evening snuggling the baby at her house while the family was all at the hospital - amazingly enough I didn't get 'lil girl fever!! I thought for sure I'd go home with the idea of having another one in the back of my head. Didn't happen though, which is good, because I really DON'T want to have another baby right now!

Spent Saturday doing a little geocaching in the morning and then helping my step-mom, Sue get ready for a birthday party. My dad celebrates the big 5-0 tomorrow, so we were celebrating early. My feet were KILLING me by the time 9pm rolled around and Rick and I headed home shortly after that. Got home, watched a movie and went to bed! We were up at 5am on Sunday to head down to Indianapolis. Spent the day there and then came home Sunday night after dinner. Got home between 11pm and 11:30pm, hit the sack, and woke up for work yesterday! It was a pretty jam packed weekend!

I've decided to leave my job at the end of May. Since we moved to Whitehall, I'm now70 miles from work! I have to leave at 8:30am to be to work at 10:00am!! And then I drive another hour and a half to get home! It's not worth being on the road for 3 hours for a 4 hour workday... So, I'm for sure taking the summer off. Not sure what I'll do in the fall - depends on what we can afford. I'm really looking forward to being able to do so many fun things with Josh and Logan this summer!! It'll be nice not to have to push everything back to the weekend. There aren't enough weekends in the summer!!

Oh, funny development... Rick and my brother are driving mopeds to California to raise awareness for the American Cancer Society and Relay for Life!! I think we're going to call it "Cruising for a Cure". They plan to leave the second week in June. They will be gone for probably 2 weeks for the round trip. I'm sure glad I don't have to ride a moped that far!!

Mother's Day is this weekend and then my birthday is next Friday, so that should all be fun! I'm not planning anything for my birthday... Rick is always really busy this time of year, so I'm not holding my breath for anything, lol. Same thing for our anniversary in July, lol... We always plan stuff but it falls through because of work.

Ciao for now!

No comments: