Saturday, July 4, 2009

Breaks my heart....

Have you seen this YouTube video? It's been floating around blogs and Facebook: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ese3zYZ-NA4

I can't even watch all the way to the end. It's just too close to home. I remember feeling like that. Like you can't breathe. Like you're looking at the world from underwater and everything is distorted and this can't actually be happening. I've joined the CaringBridge page... it's how I keep track of all the people I know that are going through this. Honestly, though, I feel like I know too many families who are walking this road. And it's just not fair. But, I just remember that the reason we were chosen for this journey is so we can hold the hands of other families who will have to face this down. It's the only reason this makes any kind of sense to me....

Anyhow, prayers for another Brain Tumor Warrior. She has a long road ahead of her, and her parent's will need more support than you can IMAGINE. That's from personal experience...

Speaking of cancer, it's the last week for us to collect donations for the Relay for Life. The event starts Friday! If you want to make a donation, go here: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/teamjoshua

Donations are way down this year, which sucks. Please consider making a donation to help us fund research to put an end to the number of families that have cancer as part of their lives.

No comments: